Our friends at Hyundai CRADLE, Hyundai Motor’s corporate venturing and open innovation business unit, hosted another insightful Mobility Innovators Forum (MIF) 2022 event this year. The event brought experts and innovators together at the awe-inspiring Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco.
With a focus on mobilizing ecosystem partners to accelerate mobility innovations, the event had several expert round tables discussing key industry topics and trends such as:
- Preparing for the Future of Manufacturing
- Co-designing & Creating Circularity
- Scaling Driverless Technology
- Shaping & Scaling Mobility Platforms
- Investing in Mobility Innovation and Supporting the Ecosystem
- Next Era of Mobility
Come take a look at Runway’s takeaways on MIF 2022!
- While much attention is put on first-mile and last-mile logistics, middle-mile delivery, the part of the supply chain that moves goods from fulfillment center to distribution center, represents a great opportunity.
- Gatik shared how autonomous technologies in middle mile logistics will disrupt the supply chain with faster order fulfillment, reduced delivery cost and enhanced road safety.
- Gatik was also tracked by Runway’s expert team of innovation and venture analysts over the past years in several industry focus reports. Particularly showcasing the value of automation and analytics for organizations in retail, manufacturing, and logistics.
- Supply chain innovators are transforming digital infrastructures that facilitate data sharing and interoperability, breaking the data silos in ecosystems and creating opportunities.
- As this would not replace legacy systems in the short term, current deployment sees these emerging solutions having to co-exist with legacy systems. Runway has shared insights on this common practice for heavily regulated sectors like shipping in past Market Landscape Reports. It helped corporate innovators and leading global economic research and consulting firms to have a better understanding on driving forces, current trends, as well as to understand who are the hottest startups in the space.
- Startups such as Swiftly and Via had discussed in an insightful fireside chat the importance of transit data interoperability to ensure better collaboration across mobility. networks. Citing that OEMs, startups, and public agencies all have defined roles to ensure productive collaborations throughout the mobility ecosystem. An inclusive and collaborative benchmark for any smart city initiative.
- Additive manufacturing (AM) is becoming a mature market with rapid development in both hardware and software solutions.
- Companies would need to invest in technologies and talents to utilize the disruptive nature of AM and digital manufacturing.
- Barnes Global Advisors & Dyndrite highlighted additive manufacturing capabilities with the Czinger 21C hypercar. The first supercar was designed and manufactured using AM technologies. Showcasing the capabilities of AM technology today and the importance of ensuring engineering teams have the skills to leverage such technologies for competitive advantage.
- Robotaxis are not in a too distant future
- Motional, a joint venture between Aptiv & Hyundai, took the stage to share updates on its efforts to scale autonomous driving and develop driverless technology. The most exciting update they brought forward is their intent to deploy fully driverless ride-hail robotaxis in Las Vegas by 2023. They will be using the Hyundai IONIQ 5 to realize this vision. We’re looking forward to trying their service eventually at the upcoming CES Show in 2023!
About Runway Innovation Hub
Runway is a Silicon Valley-based innovation company accelerating the success of global innovators and entrepreneurs. We help corporations through results-focused innovation consulting and power the growth of startups through acceleration programs, mentorship and coworking services. Since 2013, we have has accelerated the innovation efforts of 40+ global companies like Fujitsu, Lenovo and IBM through customized innovation strategy services. Learn more about how we can help you do the same here.